enjoyable day – but who came out on top
Inter-Teams Competition 2010 – a day to remember.
For the past two decades and more, the WSTAA has launched every new competition season by holding an inter-teams match on one of Wales’ big lakes. Each team to represent Wales in the forthcoming series of International, Commonwealth and World Championships is invited to ‘battle it out’ against the other national teams to see which team will top the chart! As this event is a recognised squad training day – each team is eager to ‘beat the rest’ – in what is always ‘friendly rivalry’.
Over the years the event has undoubtedly been a very worthwhile and rewarding exercise and this year was no exception.
On Sunday morning 11th April the teams turned up at Llandegfedd Reservoir where everything had been prepared for them by the ever-helpful Rangers.
It was a lovely, sunny Spring morning and although a cold breeze was creating a ripple on the water it looked very inviting and all competitors were eager to get going.
The match was fished over six hours with competitors catching 4 fish before switching to de-barbed hooks and fishing C&R for the remaining period.
The team results were as follows:
Fish bagged C&R Total Total Weight
1. Spring Team – 44 28 72 105lbs 5.25oz
2. Autumn Team – 39 29 68 104lbs 1.0 oz
3. Mixed 33 16 49 78lbs 5.75oz
4. Youth Team 31 17 48 75lbs 13oz
5. Ladies Team 27 4 31 49lbs 6oz
The Top Rods – i.e.those whose rods quivered the most belonged to:
1 Gareth Dixon – Autumn Team 14 fish weighing 21lbs 15oz
2. Danial Davies – Youth Team 13 fish weighing 19lbs 8 oz
3. Aled Dixon – Autumn Team 10 fish weighing 15lbs 5oz
4. Edwyn Lewis – Disabled Team 9 fish weighing 15lbs 1oz
5. Spencer Williams – Autumn Team 9 fish weighing 14lbs 8oz
6. Neal Anthony – Spring Team 9 fish weighing 13lbs 9oz
7. David Sandry – Spring Team – 9 fish weighing 12lbs 11 oz
8. Tim Llewelyn – Spring Team 8 fish weighing 12lbs 10 oz
9. Eric Davies – Commonwealth Tm 8 fish weighing 12lbs 7oz
10. Craig Bowen – Spring Team 8 fish weighing 12lbs.0oz
10. Sean Jones – World Team 8fish weighing 12lbs 0oz
10. Thomas Pitchford – Youth Team 8 fish weighing 12lbs 0oz
Many thanks to all who participated – and helped make it such a memorable day for us all.